Search This Blog

1.09.2008

Life of a Ladybug

I was thinking today about what I do that keeps me from doing all the things I think I should be doing or want to be doing, like learning about logic, American History, genealogy, ect. Well, on an ideal day, I wake up around 630 or 7 and get kids off to school until 8. I try to stay out of their way and let them scramble as much as possible until they are almost late. I have begun charging them for gas for rides to school if they are late or just don’t want to walk in the winter weather. Then I dash off to the gym (remember this is an ideal day) and take a shower before leaving around 11:00. Of course I am starving at this time since I forgot to eat breakfast while getting kids off- so I dash home for lunch. Then I have about 3 hours before the first kid comes home from school. ( Unless it’s Wednesday- early release).During that time, I pay bills, write emails, shop, do errands, make phone calls, clean house, do laundry, and on the ideal day, get a short nap about two pages into whatever I’m trying to read at the moment. Once kids start coming home, trying to concentrate is useless so I have to do my studying after they go to bed. On an ideal day they go right to bed promptly at 8pm and I have about 2 hours to study until I have to go to bed. I try to read myself to sleep every night now in an effort to catch up to my library book due dates. I guess it’s just life that keeps me from getting as much done as I think I should be able to do in one day. I keep telling myself that I don’t have to do everything at once and I will have a nice long life to do everything I want to do. But since I have to repeat that to myself quite frequently I guess I don’t really believe it. I’ve often wished that I could get books on a giant SD disc and download them into my brain. But then I wouldn’t have the fun of reading them I guess that defeats some of the purpose.

 I think that life is like this on purpose. If it were not and we lived to be 900 years old like Adam, we wouldn’t have to make so many choices. What we choose first and what we put off surely shows our priorities in this life. I guess since this life is the time to prepare to meet God it won’t really matter if I know American History or Political Science, but it will matter if I know my husband and my kids. How much will my ancestors care if I choose to go to the Temple or take a class? What if it’s a genealogy class?  I don’t know. That’s the life of a Ladybug. Choices Choices Choices………

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts