Search This Blog

4.21.2008

Narnia Series: Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

I finally read through Prince Caspian again. I've read the Narnia series several times, and always get the stories mixed up. So rereading them is like a whole new experience. I always find new allegories and types of the Gospel in them. This one alludes to the coming of Christ and the prevailing doubt that Aslan is even real. The characters desperately need his help but some are so pessimistic that they openly scoff at those who believe the old stories of Alsan and High King Peter. Can you see the comparison to modern times already?
My children love these stories and we are all so excited to see them come to the theaters. I really hope Caspian is as well made as the Lion was. These are movies I can really get behind.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts