Search This Blog

5.31.2008

Don't Blink!

I heard Kenny Chesney's song this morning. How true! I feel like life has gotten so fast that I'm gonna get a ticket! (That's saying somthing for this leadfoot!)
It started accelerating when Ben got school age. Well maybe when Megan did. I began taking the kids to school rather than putting them on the bus, so we got a second car. I hadn't had a car of my own for years. That seemed to start the race. Since then there is always somewhere I need to be or something that I should be doing. Here's my list of things I "should" be doing:
Got to the gym
Take your vitamins
Eat balanced meals (preferably homemade rather than processed)
Got to work
Get your degree
Do your calling
laundry
cooking
grocery shop
get gas (ouch)
pay your bills
balance your chekcbook
brush the dog
walk the dog
bathe the dogs
get your food storage
genealogy
missionary work
check on my elderly neighbor
yardwork
mop the floors
wash the cupboards
wash the windows
dust
sew my clothes because I hate what the stores carry
go to the doctor
and on and on and on and on.....
This song "Dont Blink" reminds me to slow down and smell the roses. Others have told me that time will get faster the older I get. That scares me. I don't want this life to slip by and not enjoy it. I'm doing so many things that I want to do, but not enjoying them like I wanted to. I used to want to live to be 100 years old, but now I'm not so sure. I surely have enough things to do to last me that long, but this isn't what I expected! Why is it so hard to enjoy this life? I'll bet it's a universal problem. Somehow I need to be able to focus on the moment and not remember all the "shoulds" running in the back of my mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts