Search This Blog

1.13.2011

New Food Obsession: Chico's Tacos


Yuuummmm.....
I met a friend for lunch yesterday at a taco place that I had not tried before, Chico's Taco's. I was immediately attracted to the spicy chicken tacos. (I love spicy) So I ordered two spicy chicken tacos with a hard shell. Guess what~ they have a salsa bar! (I love salsa!) Since they put a bag of chips on my tray, I got a small bowl of pico de gallo and a bowl of hot red sauce with some chopped cilantro added. (It had a fancy name but I can't remember what it was) Oh. MY. Gosh.....
While we waited for our food to be ready, we snacked on chips and salsa. The hot stuff cleared my sinuses! That's how you know a salsa is good and spicy. It makes your sinuses tingle. I mixed the hot with the pico and it was both fresh and sinus clearing! Wow!
Then they brought a plate with two freshly fried taco shells(with cute scalloped ruffled edges) stuffed with drippy chicken, sour cream, pico and lettuce. One bite and I was in heaven. They weren't particularly spicy to me but that's just me. But man it was flavorful!
Now two taco's didn't leave me stuffed but I can eat ALOT of food if it is this good and it didn't leave me hungry. So when I was craving them again today after leaving the temple,(conveniently close to Chico's....hmmmm.....need to go to the temple more right?) and being unable to get anyone to meet me there, I buzzed on over all.by.myself. I ordered the same thing (after wondering if I should order three tacos) and sat down to taco bliss.....
I dripped on my skirt and used up several napkins. (Remember the stupid Carl's Jr commercials about the messy burger? Not even close!) I dumped the remaining salsa mix on the little pile of lettuce and pico that garnished the plate, and scooped it up with the remaining chips. Sigh. (My mouth is watering and I'm hungry again now.)
Then I went home to work on copying them. It wasn't successful... Guess I'll have to go back tomorrow! Tomorrow I think I'll order three.
*****Update: I did go back with that very same friend and I did order three spicy chicken tacos. I decided that the reason mine didn't turn out so good was because I didn't make the pico. Three was just perfect. Then, I went back for dinner with my hubby and had more. Ahh. I'm all better now. And very full :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts