Search This Blog

10.18.2008

Pillage by Obert Skye

Ok, I love this author's name. What a unique and eye catching name! His book Pillage was a hit with my teenage son. This story is about dragons, and if you are a mom like me who is sick of books about dragons, this book really puts them in a minor role. They are a tool to teach a great lesson. The main character, a fifteen and three quarters year old boy, gets himself in trouble a lot. At the risk of a spoiler I will tell you the moral of this story is that kids are easily manipulated by their penchant for rebellion.
Pillage is a quick read and clean. The graphic of the dragon on the cover is beautiful, but again that repelled me more than attracted me. I was sick of my son's dragon obsession. I picked up Pillage because the summary said it was a family history mystery type story. It was, but the family history was a minor element- just typical of fantasy stories where the teenager inherits some power. I am intrigued enough now to try another book by this author with the cool name.
Here are the other books listed in the back cover:
Leven Thumps series
Professor Winsnicker's Book of Proper Etiquette for Well-Mannered Sycophants
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts