Search This Blog

2.04.2011

Purple Passion


I like purple. My drapes are purple. My clothes are mostly purple. I have a purple purse. I have a purple pen. I have purple lap blankets. My mouse is even purple. My front door and shutters are painted purple and I have a beautiful dark purple (Raisin) wall around my back yard slider. I'd say I love purple.
But my car is NOT purple. My hair is NOT purple. My couch is NOT purple. Yep, Im pretty balanced.
"What is it with you and purple?" a friend once asked me.

Let me explain.....Purple is a rich luscious color. Purple is noticed. I get complimented when I wear purple. People like it! Purple is the color of royalty for a reason. It is striking. It draws people in. You can't not notice it. But I have learned a valuable lesson. Purple can't be the only color you use. It works best when it is paired with colors like light yellow, chocolate brown, black, or gray.It is like a frame around a picture.  My husband likes orange and he wanted to paint a wall orange in our living room. Orange is on the opposite side of the color wheel from purple. It has NOTHING in common with purple. But it works! I have orange on my dining room wall, and my couch cushions are orange.Our desk even has orange in the wood. (right next to my purple wall.)  My purple wall and lap blankets look great with orange too!
So you see purple IS the  best color in the world. There's just nothing that isn't improved by being touched by this lovely rich color. No wonder it was loved by royalty!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts