Search This Blog

11.04.2008

Mornings- Love/Hate

I hate mornings. I am not a morning person. I love evenings, after everyone goes to bed and the house is all mine! But now I am a working woman. My work hours are stubbornly stuck on the few hours between kids getting out of school and a late dinner time every weekday. A friend advised me to try to spend one on one time putting the kids to bed each night, but I am so tired when I get home (and sometimes quite grumpy) that I haven’t been doing this very well. (ok not at all). The other day I hit on an idea. I had been to IHOP with a friend and ordered biscuits and gravy. And now I was at the grocery store in the area with the bins of bulk dry goods and staring at a country gravy mix. Inspiration struck. I could get up and make biscuits and gravy in the morning before the kids go to school. They would actually get a home made meal! (I’m really not a very good cook, and find my creativity lacking after working). I would have one on one time with them, help them get out the door on a cheerful note in the morning, and maybe even effect the rest of their day!
So the next morning I dragged myself out of bed, made the breakfast, and was surprised at how smoothly the morning went. No fighting (a major problem lately) kids had all their supplies, we actually had a conversation, and all the teenage angst seemed to have disappeared! I managed to get up in time to make breakfast the rest of last week and so far both days this week. I even got some compliments. It feels good. So good in fact that I don’t’ quite hate mornings so much lately. (I love naps though!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts